From charging your phone to playing music all night to lighting your way home, the Lava BrightSounds 2 Bluetooth speaker come power bank come LED light is a must-have for festival goers and outdoor lovers this summer. And I have one to give away to a lucky reader!
Retailing at £39.99, I think it’s a real bargain. Click here to check the current price on Amazon
Pin it for later!
Lava BrightSounds 2 Bluetooth Speaker Review
Whether you want to listen to an audiobook in bed or dance the night away on the beach, the Lava BrightSounds 2 pairs easily with your Bluetooth phone, tablet or laptop for wireless streaming.
5 Watt speaker
It has an ultra-wide powerful full range 5 Watt speaker with a 360 degree grille.
Two thirds of this speaker is actually the energy-efficient LED light which can be adjusted to provide anything from a gentle glow to a vivid light, making it perfect to illuminate your garden, or to use as a bedside light, or even a child’s night light. With its stylish faux leather handle, it can also be used as a lantern while walking home or when searching in the dark for the toilet block at a festival.
A feature not seen in the first generation, the Lava BrightSounds 2 can charge your phone or tablet on the go via its USB port.
It also comes with a 3.5 mm aux-in to connect to non-Bluetooth devices such as an MP3 player.
Depending on how you use it, Lava claim that the high capacity lithium-ion battery will provide up to 36 hours of life between charges (less if using the light or power bank capabilities at the same time).
Constructed from rugged polymer it offers IPX4 water resistance, so it’s ideal to take with you to the beach, the pool or out camping.
The Lava BrightSounds is available in a range of colours — I choose teal.
What I love about the Lava BrightSounds 2 Bluetooth speaker
- Value for money
- The styling and retro look
- The volume (it’s loud if you want it to be)
- The power bank (a great addition to this second generation model)
- It’s splash proof
- The battery life (it really does last an impressively long time)
- The adjustable light (dim or bright as fits the scene)
- The handle (making it easy to use as a lantern to light your way).
You can even answer your phone with it, although I’m not sure why you would want to!
What I don’t like about the Lava BrightSounds 2 Bluetooth speaker
- The instructions
More detailed instructions would have been useful but once you’ve worked it out it’s a breeze.
What I hated about the Lava BrightSounds 2 Bluetooth speaker
I loved it. I recently took it with me while glamping in France, where I used it to listen to music on the beach, as a bedside lamp, to charge my phone, and to light the decking area outside our cosy cabin as we chatted into the night. It may not be the smallest Bluetooth speaker and it may not give the absolute best sound quality there is but it isn’t half bad and will be more than adequate for all but the most fastidious of music lovers.
I know I’m going to get a lot of use out of my Lava BrightSounds 2 this summer.
It would make a great gift for anyone who enjoys, festivals or the great outdoors. When you consider its range of uses and its price tag, it’s a clear winner!
WIN a Lava BrightSounds 2 Bluetooth speaker
For your chance to win a Lava BrightSounds 2 Bluetooth speaker /power bank /lamp, simply sign up to my mailing list and register your subscription on the Rafflecopter entry form below. Any type of subscription to my mailing list is fine (every post, weekly, monthly or giveaways only) and of course you are free to cancel whenever you wish (as long as you are actively subscribed when the draw is made, of course). For more chances of winning you can comment on this blog post, tweet about the giveaway and follow me on Twitter.
How to enter
- Subscribe to Travel With Kat here and register the email you used in the Rafflecopter entry form below.
- Check out the bonus entries too, including tweeting about this giveaway to maximise your chances of winning.
- You have until 14th July 2017 at 11.59 pm BST to enter.
Terms and conditions
- The giveaway is open to UK residents only.
- The competition closes on 14th July 2017 at 11.59 pm BST.
- One winner will be chosen at random using Rafflecopter.
- The prize is a Lava BrightSounds 2 portable Bluetooth speaker /power bank /lamp.
- The prize is non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The winners will be contacted via email and will need to confirm their acceptance of the prize and their mailing address within 7 days.
Disclosure: I received a complimentary Lava BrightSounds 2 Bluetooth speaker for review purposes.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and go on to buy something I get a small commission which goes towards the cost of running this blog.
Please note that I only recommend products that I think you will love and that I use myself. If I don’t love it, I won’t review it!
Join my 'Behind the Scenes' newsletter
Delivered monthly to your inbox with all my behind the scenes news, latest posts and giveaways exclusive to my subscribers.